Monday, February 16, 2009

Randi Rhodes Fired?

Randi Rhodes is missing; at least that’s the way it seems for many of her listeners. The liberal talk show host is currently on some sort of leave from her gig at Nova M radio.

Nova M host Randi Rhodes has been off the air for over a week now which has everyone wondering if Randi Rhodes has been fired.

Nova M co-owner Anita Drobny has stated on their company website, “I have not had the option to disclose what has been happening between Randi and Nova M.”

The statement continues, “I want you all to know that Nova M has done everything we can to get her back on the air. All this is her choice; if she wants to tell you all what the issue is, then I hope she does, but I can’t according to her contract rules. but I can tell you this I have wanted her back on the air. She’s an amazing talent and needs to be heard.”

Randi Rhodes is the (excuse me for saying this) Rush Limbaugh for progressive talk shows. But unlike Rush,she has had some trouble in the past with a potty mouth and fighting with radio executives. Rhodes just quit liberal radio “giant” Air America not long ago; over what she calls a contract dispute and now this. This message was left on the Nova M site by Anita Drobny:

To all of Randi's listeners;

You are all correct - I have not had the option to disclose what has been happening between Randi and Nova M...

You see, it's in her contract that she has total control, but, after Wednesday night, I want you all to know that Nova M has done everything we can to get her back on the air.

All this is her choice; if she wants to tell you all what the issue is, then I hope she does, but I can't according to her contract rules.

But I can tell you this I have wanted her back on the air. She's an amazing talent and needs to be heard.

Thank you all for all of your support.

Randi now has to make her decisions as to what she must do with her career...

Anita Drobny

Is that the most unprofessional, condescending note you've ever read, or what? I've got some news for Mrs. Drobny. If your primary selling point nationally is left-wing gasbag Mike Molloy, who could give Brother Theodore lessons in lunacy (if Theo was still with us, God rest his nutty soul), you might as well sell the station and buy a Jack in the Box franchise.

Today I learn that the tres left-wing show Desert Politics, hosted by PHX Democratic stalwart Todd Landfried has been replaced, hopefully briefly, by a vitamin pay-per-hour infomercial?

I called Landfried up, and he confirmed the rumor that he won't be on today at 1 p.m., as normal. But he says he hopes to be back on next week in a different time slot. Landfried's show is very popular with Valley liberals, so let's hope Nova M doesn't eff him over. Landfried didn't seem to be at odds with the station or anything, but this latest move by Nova M is very disturbing considering recent history.

I'm beginning to buy that whole argument by the Republinuts that left-wing talk radio is doomed to failure. If Nova M becomes the repository of hour long commercials about the health benefits of enemas and phony investment shows, along with various assorted hacks during the week, what's the point? Holy Swiss cheese, Batman, can't my fellow pinkos get their friggin' act together?

No comments:

Post a Comment