Monday, January 26, 2009

Gerald McCullouch Attacked on a Subway

Gerald McCullouch has played crime scene investigator Bobby Dawson for nine seasons on “CSI.” But it was his knowledge of boxing, not ballistics, that saved him when a mugger allegedly attacked him with a knife on the subway recently.

McCullouch,41 years old was riding the train out from Kennedy Airport and was working on his laptop. A guy reached out in anattempt to snatch it just before the train door closed at a station. The robber almost had Gerald McCullouch.

McCullouch fought him off. The assailant pulled out a knife and stabbed McCullouch. It was not his day. McCullouch was unharmed.

“It was about 2 a.m.,I have a place here now, so I take that train at least once a month. I was trying to reach my buddy, Keith Collins, who was having a party at Antik. But my iPhone died, so I took out my laptop to recharge it. I started working on a YouTubevideo I’d been editing on the plane.” said McCullouch

He add “Well, that’s when he pulled a kitchen knife out of a black plastic bag. This thing must have had a blade 10 inches long. The other passengers started running out the door and into the next car.I still had my headphones on with music blaring. I yelled at the top of my lungs, ‘Get the [bleep] away from me!’ That’s when the knife came down into my back. I don’t know whether he lost his grip or what, but the blade didn’t penetrate my leather jacket.

“We were in each other’s face. I think I punched him again as the doors closed and the train started leaving the station. I’m watching MTA workers on the platform looking in. I thought, ‘Great, now I’m alone in this car with him.’

“Then about 10 cops jumped on the train and got the guy handcuffed on the floor. I told them the guy had a knife. They found it hidden under a seat or something.”


The actor, who was not injured in the attack, said police arrived on the scene. A 39-year-old male suspect was arrested and charged with possession of a weapon, robbery and assault. 

This is the second time McCullouch, who played firearms expert Bobby Dawson on the CBS crime drama, has fought off an assailant. He was robbed at gunpoint in Atlanta in 2001.

Police arrested James Torres, 39.Torres was built like a football player at 6 feet 3 inch and 240 pounds. Torres was charged with robbery, assault, threatening and criminal possession of a weapon.

related story: CSI Star lands in real one

No comments:

Post a Comment